Welcome to my page!
My name is Ali Fattahi and I am an Assistant Professor at the Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University (starting Summer 2019). My research interests are in the areas of mass customization/personalization, energy management, and healthcare. I am also interested in the methodologies of large-scale optimization, design and analysis of algorithms, and multi-objective optimization.
I received my Ph.D. degree in Decisions, Operations & Technology Management at Anderson School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles (September 2014 to May 2019). Before that, I was a M.Sc. student in Industrial Engineering at Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey (September 2011 to August 2014), and a B.Sc. Student in Industrial Engineering at Sharif University, Tehran, Iran (September 2007 to August 2011).
Awards, Fellowships, and Grants
- JHU Carey Dean’s Award for Faculty Excellence, 2021
- 2nd Place: POMS College of Sustainable Operations 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Finalist: POMS College of Supply Chain Management 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Dissertation Year Fellowship: UCLA Graduate Education, Sept. 2018 — June 2019.
- Harold and Pauline Price Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation: 2016 — 2017.
- Ziman Center’s Howard and Irene Levine Program: 2016 — 2017.
- Morrison Center for Marketing and Data Analytics: 2017 — 2018.
- Geoffrion Art’s fund for applied research: 2015 — 2017.