Welcome to my page!
My name is Ali Fattahi and I am a PhD Candidate in Decisions, Operations & Technology Management at Anderson School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles. I joined UCLA Anderson in September 2014. Before that, I received my M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey (September 2011 to August 2014), and B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from Sharif University, Tehran, Iran (September 2007 to August 2011).
My PhD dissertation primarily focuses on new, important, and real managerial problems faced in two areas: Mass Customization and Electricity Demand Management. My goal is to identify, characterize, and model these problems and design computationally tractable solutions with guaranteed quality. My research interests are in the areas of parts and product portfolio in mass customization, electricity peak load demand management, high-dimensional analytics, large-scale optimization, stochastic dynamic programming, and multi-objective optimization.
Download my CV here.
PhD dissertation Committee:
- Reza Ahmadi (Chair), Charles Corbett, Rakesh Sarin (UCLA Anderson)
- Sriram Dasu (USC Marshall)
- Terrence Tao, Wotao Yin (UCLA Mathematics)
- Javad Ahmadi (General Motors)
Awards, Fellowships, and Grants
- 2nd Place: POMS College of Sustainable Operations 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Finalist: POMS College of Supply Chain Management 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Dissertation Year Fellowship: UCLA Graduate Education, Sept. 2018 — June 2019.
- Harold and Pauline Price Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation: $8,000; 2016 — 2017.
- Ziman Center’s Howard and Irene Levine Program: $5,000; 2016 — 2017.
- Morrison Center for Marketing and Data Analytics: $5,000; 2017 — 2018.
- Geoffrion Art’s fund for applied research: $5,500; 2015 — 2017.