Welcome to my page!
My name is Ali Fattahi and I am a PhD Candidate in Decisions, Operations & Technology Management at Anderson School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles. I joined UCLA Anderson in September 2014. Before that, I was a M.Sc. student in Industrial Engineering at Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey (September 2011 to August 2014), and a B.Sc. Student in Industrial Engineering at Sharif University, Tehran, Iran (September 2007 to August 2011).
During my Ph.D. studies, I have explored new challenges in Mass Customization and Energy Peak Load Management, and have completed four papers (two papers have been accepted and two papers are under review in Operations Research). I also have six years of experience as a teaching assistant for variety of courses, including MBA, undergraduate, and Ph.D. courses, at three different universities (UCLA Anderson School of Management, Los Angeles, CA, Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey, and Sharif University, Tehran, Iran).
In this video, I provide a brief overview of my research on Mass Customization. (Click here for the YouTube link)
I am on the the 2018-19 academic job market. My Research, Teaching and Diversity Statements are available upon request. I will be available for meetings during the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ, November 4-7, 2018. I have organized, and will be presenting in, the following sessions at INFORMS:
- SA16 (127B, North Bldg). November 4, 2018, 8 a.m. (5th of 5). “Peak Load Energy Management by Direct Load Control Contracts.”
- TE27 (132B, North Bldg). November 6, 2018, 4:35 p.m. (3rd of 3). “Mass Customization and the Parts Capacity Planning Problem.”
PhD dissertation Committee:
- Reza Ahmadi (Chair, UCLA Anderson)
- Sriram Dasu (USC Marshall)
- Charles Corbett (UCLA Anderson)
- Terrence Tao (UCLA Mathematics)
- Javad Ahmadi (General Motors)
- Rakesh Sarin (UCLA Anderson)
- Wotao Yin (UCLA Mathematics)
Awards, Fellowships, and Grants
- 2nd Place: POMS College of Sustainable Operations 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Finalist: POMS College of Supply Chain Management 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Dissertation Year Fellowship: UCLA Graduate Education, Sept. 2018 — June 2019.
- Harold and Pauline Price Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation: $8,000; 2016 — 2017.
- Ziman Center’s Howard and Irene Levine Program: $5,000; 2016 — 2017.
- Morrison Center for Marketing and Data Analytics: $5,000; 2017 — 2018.
- Geoffrion Art’s fund for applied research: $5,500; 2015 — 2017.