Welcome to my page!
My name is Ali Fattahi and I am an Assistant Professor at the Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University (starting Summer 2019). My research interests are in the areas of parts and product portfolio management in mass customization, energy management, and healthcare. I am also interested in the methodologies of large-scale optimization, stochastic dynamic programming, and multi-objective optimization.
I received my Ph.D. degree in Decisions, Operations & Technology Management at Anderson School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles (September 2014 to May 2019). Before that, I was a M.Sc. student in Industrial Engineering at Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey (September 2011 to August 2014), and a B.Sc. Student in Industrial Engineering at Sharif University, Tehran, Iran (September 2007 to August 2011).
Awards, Fellowships, and Grants
- 2nd Place: POMS College of Sustainable Operations 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Finalist: POMS College of Supply Chain Management 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Dissertation Year Fellowship: UCLA Graduate Education, Sept. 2018 — June 2019.
- Harold and Pauline Price Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation: 2016 — 2017.
- Ziman Center’s Howard and Irene Levine Program: 2016 — 2017.
- Morrison Center for Marketing and Data Analytics: 2017 — 2018.
- Geoffrion Art’s fund for applied research: 2015 — 2017.