My PhD dissertation primarily focuses on two streams of research: Mass Customization and Electricity Peak Load Demand Management. I have also been working on Multiple Objective Optimization since 2012 and Assembly Line Balancing since 2010.
Under Review and Published Papers
- Fattahi, A., Dasu, S., Ahmadi, R. (2018) Mass Customization and Parts’ Capacity Planning Problem. Major revision invited Operations Research.
- Fattahi, A., Dasu, S., Ahmadi, R. (2018) The Weighted Non-Negative Least-Squares Problem with Implicitly Characterized Points. Major revision submitted to Operations Research. Download
- Fattahi, A., Dasu, S., Ahmadi, R. (2018) Peak Load Energy Management Problem. Major revision submitted to Operations Research. Download
- Selected as a finalist in POMS College of Sustainable Operations 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- UCLA Anderson Review (1/17/2018) “A More Efficient Way to Help Utilities Share the Inconvenience of Power Outages: A model by Reza Ahmadi and Ali Fattahi could enable power companies to lower the cost of peak electricity.” By Michael Totty. Link
- Fattahi, A., Dasu, S., Ahmadi, R. (2018) Mass Customization and “Forecasting Options’ Penetration Rates Problem”. 2nd Major revision submitted to Operations Research. Download
- Selected as a finalist in POMS College of Supply Chain Management 2018 Best Student Paper Competition.
- Rasmi, S. A. B., Fattahi, A., Turkay, M. (2018) SASS: Slicing with Adaptive Steps Search Method for Finding All Non-Dominated Solutions of Tri-Objective Mixed-Integer Linear Programming Problems. Submitted to Annals of Operations Research.
- Fattahi, A., Turkay, M. (2018) A One Direction Search Method to Find the Exact Nondominated Frontier of Biobjective Mixed-Binary Linear Programming Problems. European Journal of Operational Research. 266(2): 415-425.
- Fattahi, A., Turkay, M. (2015) On the MILP model for the U-shaped assembly line balancing problems. European Journal of Operational Research. 242(1): 343-346.
- Fattahi, A., Turkay, M. (2015) ε-OA for the solution of bi-objective generalized disjunctive programming problems in the synthesis of nonlinear process networks. Computers & Chemical Engineering. 72: 199-209.
- Fattahi, A., Elaoud, S., Sadeqi Azer, E., Turkay, M. (2014) A novel integer programming formulation with logic cuts for the U-shaped assembly line balancing problem. International Journal of Production Research. 52(5): 1318-1333.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Rasmi, S. A. B., Fattahi, A., Turkay, M., “An exact algorithm to find non-dominated facets of Tri-Objective MILPs,” The 12th International Conference on Multiple Objective Programming and Goal Programming (MOPGP), 30-31 October 2017, Metz, France. Download
- Fair Implementation of Interruptible Demand Response Programs.
- Mass Customization and the “End-of-Horizon Portfolio Optimization Problem.”
- Peak Load Energy Management by Direct Load Control Contracts.
- INFORMS 2017, October 22-25, Houston, TX, USA.
- MSOM 2017, June 20-21, Chapel Hill, NC, USA.
- POMS 2017, May 5-8, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bi-Objective Hub Location-Allocation Problem: Min. Cost and Min. CO2 Emissions.
- International IIE Conference, June 26-28, 2013, Istanbul, Turkey.
- A Novel Integer Programming Formulation for U-Shaped Line Balancing Problems Type-1.
- 21st ISMP, 19-24 August, 2012, Berlin, Germany.
- Road-Rail-Sea Hub Location-Allocation with Sustainability Considerations.
- EURO 2012 (EURO xxv), 8-11 July, Vilnius, Lithuania.